Transfer students enroll at Northwood University with credits from community college, other four-year public and private universities and from the military. We welcome the opportunity to help our transfer students achieve their educational goals and start their careers in business.

Regardless of where you earned your credits, speaking with a Northwood Admissions Representative is your best first step. Your Admissions Representative can help you select a business concentration for your degree program that matches your interests and career goals and will personally guide you through the process of applying and transferring credits. Call 800-622-9000. Already to apply? Apply Online.

Students transferring with an Associate’s Degree

Students who have already earned an Associate’s degree enter Northwood with Junior year status. Depending on whether you plan to attend school full-time or part-time, you may be enrolled as a Northwood undergraduate student or in our Adult Degree Program. Junior status does not guarantee completion of an academic program in two years.

Students transferring without an Associate’s Degree

Students transferring after completing more than two years at another school who have not earned an Associate’s degree will be required to complete at least 31 semester hours at Northwood. A minimum total of 123 semester hours are required for graduation. Northwood does not require a two-year residency to graduate, as many other schools do.

International transfer students

Students transferring from a two or four-year institution outside of the United States are eligible to receive transfer academic scholarships. For more information on requirements, please visit the International Student page.

Transfer Articulation Guides (TAG)

Transfer Articulation Guides are available for many Michigan, Ohio and Canadian colleges and universities.

Transfer Course Equivalency Guides

Transfer Course Equivalency Guides for all Michigan community colleges as well as major specific college course equivalencies (Texas Common Core) are also available. There is a guide for each community college that shows which courses – and how many courses at that school – will transfer to Northwood. These guides are not a comprehensive list of every course that may transfer to Northwood University. If you have a course not listed on the guide, be sure to check with a Northwood Transfer Coordinator to determine transferability.

Financial Assistance Is Available

Northwood University offers a variety of scholarships‚ including Merit Transfer Student Scholarships‚ Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships and Business Club Scholarships.

More than 70% of Northwood students receive some form of financial aid. Aid is available through other Northwood University grants, the State of Michigan and the Federal Government. For additional information‚ please visit the financial aid area of our website.

Future Transfer Students

A student who plans to transfer to Northwood in the future should contact the Office of Admissions to speak to a transfer counselor. This will allow the student to be advised on the appropriate classes and/or electives to take depending on the student’s transfer goals. Early planning is better, but a transfer coordinator can advise a student at any point regarding his/her transfer to Northwood.